Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

subwoofer feedback =0(

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default subwoofer feedback =0(

Ok so I finished my install, Hifonics BX1500D amp, 2.0 Farad cap, 2 Kicker L7's, PAC line converter with remote trigger, and stock monsoon with CDT speakers. Now when I turn the radio off I get a hard bass hit from feedback untill the amp turns off from the subs. Now I didnt hook up the ground wire that interconnects the ground wires on the Rca's but did ground the PAC controller. But this is redicules, I still have to re-hook up the line converter to the factory subs instead of the rear speakers as I didnt think about my amp not having a crossover as I can hear the subs producing voice. Any input is helpful
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tap behind the headunit not at the speakers, use the power antenna for your remote wire, make sure ur rca's arent wrapped around power wires, make sure u have a legitimate/solid ground

your amp does have a crossover
Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

No my amp doesnt have a crossover, Im going to tap into the factory subs for the signal as there already Xover'd. The line converter is adjustable input so I can compinsate for the amped signal from the Monsoon amp. Ground is good, RCA's are not around power wire... The stereo sounds awsome when playing so those arnt issues. Its when it powers off the antenna goes down then I get about a 3 second bass drop from the subs and the sub amp turns off... I just hooked the extra ground for the RCA interconnect up and it made no differance. I dont want to butcher the factory system and in the next month or two I plan to put in aftermarket headunit which will get rid of these issues as ive used this setup in my last 2 cars except for the line output setup. But for now I want to make it work untill then.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just looked ur amp up there is a crossover on it, you are just adding distrotion by tapping after the amp
Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

ok but there is no distortion... Altho im comming to the conclusion that the problem is the PAC line converter remote wire. Its when the Monsoon amp turns off so tomorrow im going to run a remote wire from the fuse block back to the amp to check if that makes the difference...
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

ran a remote from the fuse box and problem solved...