Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

my stereo is acting crazy

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my stereo is acting crazy

I have the stock monsoon system in my trans am and every so often it shuts off by itself and then turns back on shortly after. I really don't know how else to explain it....it just randomly turns off, then on, then off again and it is getting really annoying. I also noticed when it is "off" my power windows don't work either could this be a wiring problem or something? I don't think it is actually losing power because when it turns back on it starts playing the cd wherever it left off and the time never resets so I am completely lost. Any help or ideas would be great and sorry for the long post! Oh yeah also if it doesn't turn back on right away I can bang on the dash inside the footwell and it will usually turn back on right away if that helps any.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there is fix for this in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the stereo and electronics thread page
Old 10-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely missed that thread when I looked through the stickies thanks! I am gonna try this out over the weekend and see what happens, sounds exactly like my problem so I am hoping for the best!