Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Install Help

I just received my new speakers from Kee Audio for my 2001 Camaro SS. I have two questions.
1. On the door speakers I know the larger terminal is the positive connection for the wooferand the small one is the negative. What about the tweeter both wires are gray except one has a white tracer in it. Which is the positive wire?
2. On the Bozooka speakers there are two sets of connections does it matter which one you use?

Thanks Tom
Old 11-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

1. Generally, the solid color wire with white stripe is positive and the one without the stripe is negative. However, if you really want to be sure, follow the wire further into the harness and you will see it changes color. The left side tweeter has yellow and black wires (black is positive) and the right side has purple and light green wires (light green is positive).

2. The Bazooka subs are dual voice coil 4-ohm + 4-ohm. The factory subs in a Camaro are 2-ohm. You need to connect the Bazooka sub's two positive terminals together and the two negative terminals together and then connect those to the two wires in the factory harness. This is called wiring in parallel and it makes the two 4-ohm voice coils work like a single 2-ohm voice coil.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You very much.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do what he said!! Sorry I just saw this. Everything Whitebird said is correct as usual!