Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Which Alpine HU is "the one to get"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Alpine HU is "the one to get"?

I'm ready to put one in my T/A. I love the idea of not having a cd player and running it straight through w/ my iPod or Jumpdrive.... I went to Best Buy and they had an IDA-X303.... I loved the look/function of this one, but It's not the one I remember reading about on here... sooo what would you fellas recommend?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mmm honestly
i love the no cd thing
less trash in my car
and well i got a 120 gb ipod for the car alone.
and its just jammed packed with music.
people allways thing the head unit has like a hard drive and i store all the music on the actual head unit
lol.

i have the ipod hidden in my center console compartment
Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up going with the iDA-X305...pretty much most of my stuff is on my iPod at this point, so it made sense for me. I hardly ever used my old CD player, and hated not being able to listen to a wide variety of stuff (my old head unit didn't have an iPod connection).

Overall I've been very happy with mine...sounds great, and works great with my Nano.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I ended up going with the iDA-X305...pretty much most of my stuff is on my iPod at this point, so it made sense for me. I hardly ever used my old CD player, and hated not being able to listen to a wide variety of stuff (my old head unit didn't have an iPod connection).

Overall I've been very happy with mine...sounds great, and works great with my Nano.
thanks... that's what I'm leaning towards..... Amazon has them on sale now for $221. I'll probably be ordering it w/in the next day or so.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

kool kool
good luck with the head unit i hope u like it.!