Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Mounting Factory CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mounting Factory CD Changer

I am putting a factory CD changer in a 99 TA and I am not sure if I have all the brackets to mount it or not

Does anyone have any imanges or know where I can find some to figure out how it is mounted in back of the car.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

When factory installed, the CD changer mounts to brackets that are welded to the floor in the cubby hole area left of the t-top storage well.

The easiest way to mount it without those brackets is to use the L shaped brackets that come with it to fasten to a piece of wood. Slip a piece of plywood under the carpet then run the mounting screws through the carpet into the wood. The changer won't move with the combination of wood and carpet holding it in place and the installation looks clean.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the factory CD changer in my Camaro SS. It was easy I used JB Weld and that was 8 or 9 years ago still holding like it was a factory weld. Brackets are available from the dealer.