Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

SWI-x install help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SWI-x install help

Hey everyone I have a 2002 Z28 with an aftermarket sony cdx gt310 and i bought the pac audio swi-x today so that i can use my steering wheel controls. Well I got the power and ground connected right and i tapped the blue wire coming from the swi-x unit with the blue wire coming from C3 slot 14 as seen here if you scroll down https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...nsoon-faq.html My main problem is that neither the camaro or firebird are listed in the instruction manual and im not sure if this is the right wire to connect i have done research and read about people using the green wire but most things i have found have been confusing. Which wire should I connect, the way it is now or to a wire coming from the steering wheel controls themselves?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Its the dark blue wire on the cars connector. Its almost singled out all by itself.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Thanks my problem was that the wire tap i was using didnt tap the wire, got everything working and it works great. Anybody needing to know the camaro is version 1 for programming the swi-x
Old 01-13-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Mine is all connected but i cant figure out how to program it, lol I tried for an hour and gave up.

I have the pac-swi jack

Quick Reply: SWI-x install help