Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio/Speaker Package review

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kee Audio/Speaker Package review

Hey guys. I orded a replacement speaker package from Kee Audio a while back and I wanted to post a review. When I first ordered the package I ordered some Audiopipe mid-bass speakers instead of the bazookas since they were out of stock. When my package arrived I was missing my components. I called Ian and let him know what I was missing. He then told me he had them shipped striaght from CDT since they were located close to me, but CDT made a mistake. They showed up 2 days later. While installing my speakers, I found one of my audio pipe mid-bass speakers was defective. I let Ian know and sent it back. He then asked me if I wanted to switch to the bazookas instead. I told him i just wanted to go with the better one. He sent me back 2 new bazooka speakers. I was very impressed with Ian's customer service. He was quick to fix the problems that came up. The sound of the speaker package is much better than stock, but dont expect it to sound like a full system or anything. I wanted something simple and affordable that would let me enjoy music again and I got it.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice, i just ordered my replacement speaker package from Kee Audio
Old 01-12-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone knows if he has problems with his email?? I tried a few months to contact him for a shipping quote and never got a response! Due to hour differences is better for me to write an email than call him...Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, I think I am still getting emails to my old address. Ihad a bunch of problems getting emails on that server. I am using: keeaudio@bellsouth.net currently with no problems. Hit me up or shoot me a PM here. Shipping in the lower 48 states is included in the price and shipping to Hawaii, and Canada is extra of course. I do not ship to Puerto Rico right now as I had some issues doing that in the past where I got burned.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TeamLe
Hey guys. I orded a replacement speaker package from Kee Audio a while back and I wanted to post a review. When I first ordered the package I ordered some Audiopipe mid-bass speakers instead of the bazookas since they were out of stock. When my package arrived I was missing my components. I called Ian and let him know what I was missing. He then told me he had them shipped striaght from CDT since they were located close to me, but CDT made a mistake. They showed up 2 days later. While installing my speakers, I found one of my audio pipe mid-bass speakers was defective. I let Ian know and sent it back. He then asked me if I wanted to switch to the bazookas instead. I told him i just wanted to go with the better one. He sent me back 2 new bazooka speakers. I was very impressed with Ian's customer service. He was quick to fix the problems that came up. The sound of the speaker package is much better than stock, but dont expect it to sound like a full system or anything. I wanted something simple and affordable that would let me enjoy music again and I got it.
Are the connect harnesses, a direct bolt on? or the speaker package comes with connector adapters? Your speakers set is the "standard sytem?

I'm going to purchase a speaker set, but I don't decide which pakage to buy, standard or premium....How about the quality and the loudness?

Thanks in advance for your kindness to reply to me

Dochidalgo
Old 01-18-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

The harnesses don't come with the speakers. The best thing to do is to cut or de-solder the factory wires from the stock speakers, and either solder them to the speaker leads or use the crimp-style connectors on the new speakers, both on the Bazookas and the CDTs.

I bought the standard set with the Bazooka subs and the quality is much better than stock, and with a decent head unit, it will sound even better. I am not running the JVC speakers that would be used for the rear hatch speakers, just the stockers.

I don't think I am getting the full potential out of the CDTs up front because I think my Monsoon amp is taking a crap, but what I do have impresses me a great deal. With stock power, the basic package should be perfect.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

how did you get the connector off the sail panel speakers?

i cannot get the connector to come off the speaker frame.

thanks
tony
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

When I got my Formula, the previous owner had mistakenly put Sony coaxials in the sail panels, so I didn't have to deal with that. I would imagine you could just cut off the stock harnesses as close to the speaker terminals as possible. Hope that helps!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vatechguy3

i cannot get the connector to come off the speaker frame.

thanks
tony
Hi Tony,
Grab them with a solid pair of pliers and slide up and twist. It will pop off. Then cut the wires and reuse the connector. Leave a little wire to work with.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi. I sent you an email in response to your politic of not sending items to Puerto Rico because you had ONE bad experience... Since my case is a special one could you please point to me as to where I can get these similar products from someone that indeed is willing to do business with me? I asked you this recently by PM but no response was received. Hope that since you are not willing to send merchandise here at least you can help me in this respect. Out of curiosity...if you had one bad experience in Hawaii....would you also stop doing business there?

Thanks! Hope you can help me!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dochidalgo
Are the connect harnesses, a direct bolt on? or the speaker package comes with connector adapters? Your speakers set is the "standard sytem?

I'm going to purchase a speaker set, but I don't decide which pakage to buy, standard or premium....How about the quality and the loudness?

Thanks in advance for your kindness to reply to me

Dochidalgo

I took the connectors off the stock speakers and sodered them to the new ones. You dont have to use the stock connectors if you want. I believe new connectors come with the speakers but you have to splice them in. I have the standard package. The quality and loudness are pretty good for what it is. Don't expect them to sound as good as an after market system though.

Quick Reply: Kee Audio/Speaker Package review