Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

95 formula amp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 formula amp?

Does anyone know how many watts a 95 formulas stock amp has. i want to replace it with something with more power so i can upgrade my cars system without adding subs in the trunk.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ritchie919
Does anyone know how many watts a 95 formulas stock amp has. i want to replace it with something with more power so i can upgrade my cars system without adding subs in the trunk.
With the 10 speaker package (premium sound system) you only had one external amp that drives the sail panel speakers (next to each rear seat). As to the rest they are driven off the H/U and individual amps on each speaker or inline. Not sure on the wattage of this amp or the H/U but it's pretty low.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

First, you don't have an amp unless you have the optional "premium" 10-speaker system. The base audio system had speakers in the doors and sail panels (no hatch speakers) that were all connected to the head unit. The premium 10-speaker system was option code UW2 in 95.

Even then, the 10-speaker system amp only powers the two sail panel "subs". All other speakers were connected directly to the head unit (no individual amps - that was the Bose system in Camaros). I've never seen dependable RMS specs for that amp but it is probably around 30 watts RMS per channel - better than head unit alone but easily surpassed by almost any aftermarket amp.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks maybe now i can get rid of it and replace it with an amp to power all the speakers