Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

door speakers inop

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default door speakers inop

when I bought the car a few years ago none of the speakers worked. they were all blown. I had a new headunit installed with new door speakers and new hatch speakers.

the hatch speakers work fine, have since i replaced them. problem is the door speakers dont work at all. the speakers i originally put in to replace the blown factory speakers worked for awhile but then just faded out over time. I had a warranty and got new front door speakers. I put the new speakers in the front doors and still nothing.

anybody have an idea? could it be the wiring for the front speakers? i wanna get some ideas before i start tearing into it. thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by run em down
when I bought the car a few years ago none of the speakers worked. they were all blown. I had a new headunit installed with new door speakers and new hatch speakers.

the hatch speakers work fine, have since i replaced them. problem is the door speakers dont work at all. the speakers i originally put in to replace the blown factory speakers worked for awhile but then just faded out over time. I had a warranty and got new front door speakers. I put the new speakers in the front doors and still nothing.

anybody have an idea? could it be the wiring for the front speakers? i wanna get some ideas before i start tearing into it. thanks.
Are they running off the headunit? If so, thats about your only possible problem.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

as far as I know. Im pretty sure the speakers get there power from the headunit but im not 100% sure.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

Double check your HU wiring. My brother had the same problem in his car (non-camaro) but i went over the wiring and redid it the right way (original installer used electrical tape) and then they worked.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

haha nice, alright will do. thanks.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

I just went through something similar - it turned out that the terminals I'd crimped had gotten ripped out of the socket. Check your wiring... use butt-connectors or solder and shrink-tube.