Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine HU Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine HU Help

Ok so I am still trying to figure out this install for my Alpine IDA-x305. I now have sound...and plenty of it! Full volume even at first click. Basically volume adjustment doesnt do anything except turn it up full blast. Ive read the Monsoon FAQ over and over and it doesnt say anything about needing to convert High level output to low level for the Monsoon amp but it seems that this is the problem. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

No, the Monsoon amp takes speaker-level (high level) input. You can't run it off pre-amp (low level) input so a LOC won't help.

I suspect that there is some setting in the head unit menus that will fix the problem. Or, it's possible there is a problem with the HU.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you using the PAC SWI-JACK with it? I have heard that if it's programmed wrong it can turn the volume up to full blast. try unplugging that interface and messing with the volume then. Also, try a reset by hitting the reset button with the tip of a pen or pencil to reset the unit.