Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speaker question

I have a 2000 Camaro with the monsoon system....I already have a pioneer head unit, but my door speakers are completely shot. My question is what speakers to get, I dont want to spend a lot of money because i dont really care what they sound like as long as they dont sound blown like now. Audio is not really important to me at all, so Im looking for a cheap speaker. I already looked at Crutchfield and they are super expensive....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's your budget and would you consider components by mounting the tweeters in door pods or higher on the door panels or something like that? I can make some recommendations if I know that kind of thing. It seems like you're looking for really low budget speakers, though - is that correct?

All speakers are about individual taste, but I would say that it's even more true with budget speakers because all budget speakers essentially suck, but in different ways and some people are more sensitive to certain types of suck than others. For example, there are people here that don't think Infinity speakers sound like absolute garbage with shrieking highs good only for making ears bleed, whereas I DO think that about them.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what are door pods? lol....I just want speakers to fit in the existing holes, and i dont want to add any other speakers that didnt come with the car if thats what you mean...I am looking for really low budget ones because i hardly listen to the radio anyway, I mostly just listen to the motor and exhaust....So anything under like 50 bucks if thats possible...if its not then i could spend more, but i just dont like spending money on something overkill that im never going to get full potential out of anyway.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Honestly, all I can say is to go down to Wal-mart and pick up some Duals or something. Not much you can do on that budget.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just look for some used factory ones in the classifieds section.

Nothing to worry about there, you already know the quality and it'll be plug and play.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't recommend that. Just about anything is better than stock.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

JBL GTO628

Kee Audio has them for $86 shipped. They look like a nice speaker. JBL has been around for a while and these will last. They are also 2 ohm impedance which is what the doors are now anyway.

Quick Reply: speaker question