Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stock CAMARO speaker

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock CAMARO speaker

i need someone that has a spare camaro speaker sitting around to tell me something (or take a picture of the back of the speaker so that i can see). i need to know which wires of the connector go to which part of the speaker. there are 4 wires coming out of the connector. one red/blackstripe and black wires goes to the midbass portion of the speaker, and the other red/blackstripe and black wires go to the tweeter portion. one of the sets of wires is longer than the other. if someone can just look at the back of a speaker they have laying around and see if the longer wires go to the midbass or tweeter, and then tell me, i can figure out the rest. thanks a lot! also - you have to look closely to see the wires go through the speaker into the tweeter.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The larger ones are going to the midbass.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks. also, if you see the sticky by me at the top of this forum, i have detailed information regarding this
Old 01-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I don't know if the longer one always goes to the midbass. I found that to be the case on one side, but not the other door - it was kinda hard to tell which was the longer wire. I just twisted them together with the leads from the new speaker until I found which sounded good and which sounded tinny and bad ;-) Good = leads from Monsoon