Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring AudioPipe Sail Panel Subs

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring AudioPipe Sail Panel Subs

I got a set of the AudioPipe subs for my sail panels. I know how to wire them in parallel.. positive to positive, neg to neg. But how should I do this? Just run a wire between both posts and tighten the screw down on the bare wire? Or should I put some sort of connector on the end?

All the how-to's i can find say "just use the wiring harness that came with" well don't have one.

Thanks Guys
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I took ring connectors and removed the screw.Took factory speaker wire(+) and another piece and crimped them together,did the same for the other side(-).Then put another connector on the other end of the wire. So it basically looks like one screw with one connector connected with two wires to the pos and negative and the other ends go to the corresponding terminal on the other side.Hope that makes sense.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Launching!

It does thank you! I've never wired a speaker in and I had no idea if a connector would make a difference or if it was best to just put the wire directly on there. I've got tons of those connectors as well... so I'll go hook these things up today and enjoy actually having functioning speakers back there.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camarox302
It does thank you! I've never wired a speaker in and I had no idea if a connector would make a difference or if it was best to just put the wire directly on there. I've got tons of those connectors as well... so I'll go hook these things up today and enjoy actually having functioning speakers back there.

Thanks!
Your welcome.Glad I could help.