Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Custom Stereo System

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Stereo System

I have noticed a lot of different stereo installs on here and figured I would show mine off too. This set up is extremely loud. I know there is not a lot of picture to go with it, but if any body wants to see more I can take more. What is not pictured is the JL Audio HD 900/5 amp. It is tucked away on the right side along with the spare tire and factory security system. Also my speakers are Kenwood except for the sub which is a JL Audio.

Original face plate for radio and A/C controls

I bought another face plate to cut on to accept a double din head unit

After Painting multiple times

Head unit in place

Finished product. My head unit is a Knewood Excelon DDX812 with DVD Receiver and GPS

JL Sub in a custom box
Old 06-01-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks clean n nice to me except for the non matching frame color haha dude match that thing i like ur seat covers too.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very interesting box setup. Don't think i've ever seen anything of the like, and it allows you to store the T-Tops, I may have to look into that.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Well the face plate does match better than the picture shows. It is off alittle but the paint is matched to the dash but for some reason I can not get it to match 100% on the face plate.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

How deep of a sub are you running back there? It looks shallow as can be.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

This is very similar to the setup that i recently put in. I just threw on a coat of spray paint to get it ready for a road trip
I plan to cover it in vinyl, very similar to what you've done, very soon. It is a very shallow box - I originally intended to mount the sub inverted, but the trim ring prevented me from doing so.

I'll obviously be adding another (4-channel) amp eventually - just haven't gotten to it yet. Overall, I'm very pleased with the sound quality, and the fact that I can still drop the tops
Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Yeah. My box is thin. I am pushing a 12TW5-3 sub. It only requires 2.50" mounting depth and only needs 0.63 cubic feet to achieve optimum in-car performance. Sorry I copy and pasted the specs from the web site. This sub is tight. Gives just the right amount of low end to make the music sound great. Also I am running Dynamat in the doors of my car. Gives the doors a very solid feel with a very positive affect on sound.