Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Weird electrical/alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird electrical/alarm question

So basically my car alarm (only two honks) goes off almost EVERY morning around 6-9am, and has done that for the last couple of years.

And I just wanted to know WHY? haha. I dont have a problem with it, but its so odd, maybe whitebird can chime in with an answer.

I just have the basic key fob lock/unlock rearx2.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Maybe a coincidence of when it goes off, but have you checked the sensor to make sure there's no moisture in it? A quick search would've helped but just disconnect it, then open it up to let dry. Depending how bad it is you may need to either purchase another one, or it may still work after you let it air out, or just disconnect it for good.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 281 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cfallsguy
Maybe a coincidence of when it goes off, but have you checked the sensor to make sure there's no moisture in it? A quick search would've helped but just disconnect it, then open it up to let dry. Depending how bad it is you may need to either purchase another one, or it may still work after you let it air out, or just disconnect it for good.
Well maybe I misworded it. The alarm doesnt go off annoyingly every morning, I mean it just honks twice.

I wouldnt disconnect my alarm / buy a new one because its not broken.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 281 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

He's not talking about disconnecting the alarm (you can't anyway because it's part of the BCM). He's referring to the shock sensor in the right quarter panel in front of the spare tire. They tend to get damaged by moisture and cause random alarm events. You can unplug the sensor and still have all other alarm functions. Then you can see if the false alarms (or random honks) stop happening.