Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tape Adapter...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tape Adapter...?

I just picked my car up about 5 days ago and I purchased a cassette adapter so I could play an mp3 plAyer through the radio. When I insert the adapter, the headunit tries to play it then it tries to play the other side of the tape. I can hear it playing my music but then it just randomly ejects my adapter. I have a 2000 SS with the monsoon system. Anybody know how to make the cassette adapter work??? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Anybody ever have this problem?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

actually, i've had this problem just start on mine, but seems to only doing it when it's hotter outside. in the evenings and at night it's fine. during the mid day/afternoon time frames it pops the adapter out. sometimes when it seats itself, i just kinda give it a tiny extra nudge and it seems to help, but doesn't fix it completely. this is just making me want to install the cd player i have quicker but still need to get an HUmount. hehe.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why are you guy still using tape ? get a head unit, that play cd or ipod for less then 100 buck and it look nice too hehe.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

killa, haha. i've got an alpine sitting there along with some infinity kappas waiting to get put in. i still need to get a couple more things tho for the system and i want to put it all in at once. plus, have to get an oil leak taken care of first.