Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

where is your ipod connected?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was in the glovebox when I bought the car but I moved it to the center console for easier access, Apline HU also. I did this so I can turn my iPod off when I get out of the car instead of leaving it on all day.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:31 AM

For my TA I found a spot that works well... (just below and to the left of the glove box hinge)... Under the glove box there is a black cover pannel that is held in place by 2 push clips. If you pull the pannel down there is a small "wing" on the left side about 1" - 1.5" wide and long. I drilled the hole for the jack there. (no sanding or grinding needed) It works great there and both driver and passenger can reach it NO problem. An added bonus there is when your not using your Ipod/mp3 player you can lock it up in the glove box without having to unplug it. Anybody looking in will have a hard time seing it up under there..! (I did the Jason Novac factory head unit mod)

I have pics, but other than my sig, I haven't figured how to post them with a message yet..
Old 08-31-2010, 04:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have my plug come out of the ashtray and into the cubby hole below the a/c controls... ipod/phone fits in there nice and easy, and can put the cable back in under the ashtray
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Glove box for me. I have an Alpine IDA-X100 and I just ran the USB-iPod cable into the glove box. I have an iPhone, but I don't use it in the car for music. I have an 80gb iPod for that purpose that I rarely use outside the car except on LONG trips. As was said earlier, no need to control it because it can do everything from the HU.