Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Building a SQ system(tweeter placement)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Building a SQ system(tweeter placement)

I have seen this question alot of times and read some audio boards but trying to find the consensus on the F-body.... for sound quality which is a better placement for tweeters...I know down by the kick panels is great location cause it would be close tot he mids and you have equal path length to your ears. But i see alot of people put in tweeters on the A-pillar cause it brings your stage up...but would it just be even smarter to just put a second set of tweets up top if you put a set in your kicks....thoughts.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:32 AM
Staging Lane

Noone has thoughts on this... i am suprised
Old 09-24-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having tweeters at the very top of the A-pillar has been done before I believe, as well as in the sail panel (next to the back passengers shoulder area). A lot of people dislike the idea of the bottom of the A-pillar semi pointing at the windshield since it causes the sound to go all over the place, but to each his own. personally I'll be swapping out my door panels on my camaro for those of a T/A for the separate tweeter pod and I just like the look of them better. Will also come when I swap everything from cloth over to leather though, so it'll probably be forever.

I don't have any pics right off hand but I definitely remember seeing the tweeters in there.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have my tweeters in the door. I couldn't imagine having another pair of tweeters up front. Seems like it would be very loud in a bad way. To each his own though.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

I'd like to have only one set of tweeters but trying to go with the semi best set up...If i put in the top of the A-pillar then i will blow my path lengths.. If i put in the bottom of the A-pillar it reflexs off the windshield..... If i put in the kick panels then your legs blocks the Highs......I guess the best of the evils is almost sounding like the bottom of the A-pillar with pointing it towards the inside of the car?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=184

Old 09-26-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

I've got my tweets (Memphis MC-SYNC) on the bottom of the A-Pillar and they can be a bit loud. I wish the passive crossover would allow me to dial them down a couple decibels and it would be perfect. I know the Infinity Kappa Perfect Component sets allow you to dial the tweets down a little if you wanted. GOD I wish I would have bought those.

Quick Reply: Building a SQ system(tweeter placement)