Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Washer fluid not spraying

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMaxima
This is such an old thread and probably nobody cares anymore...but since I learned so much from all those posts, here’s my attempt at giving back.

My 96 Camaro has had low pressure on the windshield washer for a long time. It was just a trickle on the driver side and a dribble on the passenger side. I’ve replaced the fluid pump (el cheapo one made it worse, so I put the original one back in), and checked for clogs at the nozzle by sticking guitar strings in since they conveniently come in many different sizes. Finally today, I decided to take the cowl off to see what was going on and in the process found that the hose—which is hard plastic—had a kink right by the cowl after it exits the wiring loom. As I inspected further it just crumbled in my hands. So a leak in the hose was causing my problem. I just got a hose that’ll fit over the original hose and replaced the crumbling part and now I have full pressure on my washer.
Thread still relevant. I'm gonna try that.

Quick Reply: Washer fluid not spraying