Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sub encloures

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sub encloures

I currently have a single 12' square kicker L7 that is in a box that is to big for my liking. The box is ported now and takes up my backseat. I am wanting to build or buy a hatch box that i will still be able to see out of the rear window. Trunk boxes are outta the question because i have the t-top holders. I have seen a few ideas on here on other threads. Any one have ideas, pictures, and or measurements that i could build a hatch box, or have a pic and price of where you may have bought one for your f-body? Thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Launching!

http://subthump.com/Pontiac-Sub-Boxes/FirebirdTrans-Am
Old 11-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Just sit it up above the trunk area, I had 2-12's for years and plenty of room.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 AM

The box is too big for anywhere besides the backseat area, therefore i have to down size the box to something a lot smaller. preferably a hatch box so my trunk stays open for the t-tops.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

pm sent
Old 11-19-2010, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Hatch Box? By that are you referring to the spot above the the trunk area? If you only need your trunk for the t tops, I'd go for one of the boxes from subthumb that have the built in slot for them.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:19 PM

Yes hatch box for above the trunk area, on top of the gas tank there. I would like to keep my trunk open because i also have a full size spare, that does fight in where the space saver spare would go. I bought the care without a spare tire so i must keep the full size tire because i travel long distances daily. The boxes from subthump look amazing and if i had the money for one i would buy one, but i am looking for something cheaper, i was sent one on eBay that had the measurements that i think i'm going to use to build one. Thank you for your suggestion