Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

8k HIDs all around

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly what screaming 99 said.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no idea what wssix99 is talking about. If your using the LMC capsules and want HID as was asked earlier YES you need a ballast for EACH 9005-9006-880 HID bulb. The kits that are sold by DDM includes everything that is needed for EACH bulb.

ps...the LMC capsules bring the standard 9005/6 bulbs use these if you don't want HID's, if you do then give them to a friend
Old 12-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
Everyone needs to fully read what was wrote in the first post for ***** sake.
The OP is not so clear (difficult to follow when mixing two manufacturers kits) and the info on the DDM page is not very complete. Thanks for the clarification and the missing details.

Still not sure about how the fog lights were done. I would like to know what 02ws666 is using for fog housings. The stock ones are plastic and I'd expect may melt with a HID conversion. (I kept my stock bulbs on all the time for a couple of years and just that amount of heat caused all of the reflective plastic to crack and melt off.) I'd also expect that HIDs would be cooler - but the DDM page warns of heat - so not sure exactly what is going on there.

The For ballast placement - I'd expect they could be tapped in to the lines going in to the Firebird headlight door motors. (The headlight wires also go through this connection.) There's lots of room near there.