Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Messed up the "Novak Jack"... Need a quick bit of help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Messed up the "Novak Jack"... Need a quick bit of help

Had ALL of the connections soldered and heatshrinked (looked quite nice IMO, im a electronics repair tech so this whole project was no biggie), until I got to the last one... I was stripping the wire from the main radio board for the right side audio and the phone rang, scared the **** out of me and I yanked on the wire and ripped it out of the board......

Question is, on the main radio board the white connector that appears to be stuck to the board appears to have the weird connections where push a wire in and there are little metal teeth that bite into the wire and then you cant pull it out.

So I just pushed my new wire in in place of the old one I accidentally ripped out. What are the odds of this actually working? Im still at work and decided id post up here if someone knows its not going to work so I dont haul the radio home install it, realize it doesnt work, then bring it back tomorrow to fix it..

Anyone else screwed this up?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have i ever screwed up yes, dropped solder on board lol... i venture to say u will be fine
Old 01-31-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was correct in my brief analyzation(sp?), Novak jack works flawlessly as well as the CD player and radio. Very impressed, works awesome. I will be using it with sirius satellite radio, and pandora on my phone.