Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon problem

Greetings,

i was wondering if anyone had or heard about this problem,

the speakers dont work only the tweaters. i have been checking the wiring and i dont seem to find anything wrong with it. I also tried unplugging the amp and plugged it in again.

I bought a dvd player i want to install but heard the monsoon speakers wont work with the new player, or at least i need a new wiring for the speakers.. maybe its better to replace them? (want to find out the problem with the speakers before installing)

if anyone knows something about this i would appreciate the help.

thanks, David.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

It sounds like you've blown the RADIO ACCY fuse (#4). It protects the Monsoon amp circuit. In Firebirds, the amp powers all speakers except the tweeters which run directly off the head unit. Never rely on a visual inspection of a fuse - always use a tester or replace with a known good fuse because they can look fine but still be blown.

There is no reason you can't install your aftermarket head unit and leave the rest of the system intact. There is nothing special about the factory HU - it's just an ordinary Delco radio and you can replace it just like any other system. Just get yourself a mounting kit, a wiring harness adapter (so you don't butcher the factory harness), and a GM antenna adapter.

There's lots more information about the Monsoon system in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks