Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2000 Camaro Audio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro Audio Problem

Ok, I read the huge thread by Rogue that was awesome. It helped me out a lot. I have another question for all you people with the same problem I'm having though.

The other speakers in the car are easy to replace and wire up....

I CAN NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME, FIND 6 OR 6.5 INCH SUBS TO FIT IN THE SAIL!!!!!!

The RFP4406's and RFP3406's are all discontinued and I can't find a place online or local that has 2. Crutchfield had 1... but what good does 1 do me.

I've tried 9-12 places online now with no success.... As I see it, I only have 1 viable option.

Kicker makes a couple different 6.5 midbass speakers, my question is will these work? If so, which model would you recommend. Is it a true Sub that's in the Sail or is it a midbass? I'm not well versed in car audio electronics, I don't know the in depth details so laymen terms will be very well appreciated. Thank you for any help you guys have for me.

R.J. Casey
Old 02-23-2004, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the speakers in the sail are 6.75 not 6.5. I had to make an adapter using sheetmetal. I put sound dampener behind the sheetmetal so there wouldn't be any vibration. It worked out pretty good for me.