Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Express Down Module need help to find

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Express Down Module need help to find

my friend has a 94 z28 the driver side window doesnt workand i replaced the motor now im trying to find the relay and the book wont give me specific directions on where it is located. i really dont want to just take things apart considering it isnt my car to do so. i read places that it is difficult to find and was wondering if someone else had trouble finding it and succeded thanks.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Bump!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

Express down? It's the actual drivers window switch I believe..could be wrong though.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM

My drivers side window isnt working and I'm pretty sure its the relay, to my understanding its under the steering column. whenever I try to roll the drivers side window down something under there is making a clicking noise so Im pretty sure thats what youre looking for http://shbox.com/1/express_down1.jpg
Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

There is no relay in the power window circuit except for inside the express down module. And that relay only affects the one-touch down operation of the driver's window. If you press and hold the down button, the relay is not involved in the operation and could not be the source of your problem.

The express down module is mounted in a plastic pocket on the inside of the firewall above and to the right of the accelerator pedal (behind the center console). But after a year and a half he probably either found it or gave up looking.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...cturers_id=205

Quick Reply: Express Down Module need help to find