Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Adding Cruise Control?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding Cruise Control?

Ok guys my 99 SS was a car without factory cc, power windows, or power locks. Im completely fine without the locks or windows but would love to have cc! I have tried to do a search about this and from what Ive searched I cant seem to figure out what I will need. Is there anybody out there that can tell me exactly what I need to do this? From part numbers to a detailed description of what I do? I am very mechanically inclined and able to fix just about anything its just this is something Ive never done before.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Teching In

second this. My car came from the factory with CC but was removed by a previous owner. What would be needed to re install?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I just did my install tonight(i took pics so ill gonna post a full thread in a few days)
This is on my 99 Z28 that IS a complete stripper car.
First off I did mine 100% from junkyard and all told it cost me $60 buck, personally I would have payed about four times that, I like using cruise!
my control mod and cable came off a 96Z28 and so far works perfect, the lever came from the same car( just pull it straight out, after disconnecting the small connector under the steering column cover) the brake disruptor switch I took of a 01 S10, for some reason the one from the 96 looks different but I could be wrong.
Once you have all the parts is just plug and play, It is kinda hard to route the cable. Also make sure you get the bracket for the mod don forget to take the bolts also.
that's it....no cutting no re flashing the pcm every wire connector you will need is there. mine works perfect I only have driven it about 20 miles tho.
If you guys have any questions please let me know