Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Non Monsoon Speaker Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Monsoon Speaker Install

Alright so I have an issue and I want to see if someone has an answer for me. Well first of all I installed my new speakers (don't ask what kind), my car is a 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 10 speaker package and its a non monsoon system. Do I need to hook up a crossover to my front door speakers and where would it go? Its so hard to figure out where the crossover goes. And I do have a 2 channel amp hooked up to the door speakers. How would I hook up a crossover to my door speakers?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ritchie1791
Alright so I have an issue and I want to see if someone has an answer for me. Well first of all I installed my new speakers (don't ask what kind), my car is a 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 10 speaker package and its a non monsoon system. Do I need to hook up a crossover to my front door speakers and where would it go? Its so hard to figure out where the crossover goes. And I do have a 2 channel amp hooked up to the door speakers. How would I hook up a crossover to my door speakers?
I'm assuming you bought component speakers, and they came with crossover modules included. If I am right so far, then...

Don't put the crossover modules inside the doors, put them under the dash panel somewhere near where the door wires come through the rubber grommet. The crossover module terminals are usually pretty clearly marked... amp/source, woofer, and tweeter. What part of the wiring do you not understand?

Or did you buy regular two or three way speakers and think you need crossover modules because of something you read somewhere? If you don't want to tell us what kind of speakers they are, then I'm guessing maybe this is the case. Conventional two-way speakers have built in HPFs and do not come with external crossovers, and you will be okay without them.