Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double Din push to start?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Double Din push to start?

Disclaimer:

I understand this probably sounds ridiculous. Just want to know if it's possible and if there are any units that support it because I think it would be ******' cool

Is it possible to use a double din to start the car? I.E. you get in the car, double din powers up on door open, push to start on the double din? Maybe even have to enter a password before startup? Car is an 02 T/A. I'm sure it's possible to do; the real question here is is it possible to do for a price that costs less than a new car?

Any input/ideas/feedback is much appreciated
Old 11-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you would still need to turn the key to get the radio to power on so might as well turn it all the way and start it
or more simple yet

remote start

The Kenwood 9980 will control a bi-mode exhaust!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alot of kenwoods have relay control so you could hit a button to start the car, but you wouldnt get a nice push to start button it would be a small button on bottom of screen. you could somehow relay tie into the door pin switch to fire the radio and ignition. imo its not what i would do though
Old 11-26-2011, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

True , you would still need a key even though if VATS is bypassed. One solution is to physically cut the steering wheel lock.

My phone has the "start from anywhere in the world".
I 'djust put the phone on the cradle, use the On screen button to the car on if I really wanted to before I turn my HUD app on.
look into viper smart start or audiovox car link.

But i'm in to find out if someone has the answer to do this via double din!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To be honest with all these new cars having push button starters , I think its rather cool having a cool old school starter with a KEY lol
plus Its not really hard to start the car by twisting a key is it ?
I agree it would be cool , and I do like interesting mods like that , but that just isnt worth it in my opinion .. bi-mode exhaust ? could be nice to control your e-cutout from your HU though
Old 11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the input everyone. Is it possible to wire the radio to power on upon opening the driver's side door? If so I think it could be worth it.. whole point is to not have to put the key in the ignition. I think the ideal setup would be to have a 4-6 digit pincode to enter into the double din to be able to start the car.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump , anyone ?