Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

tweeters in the door or dash pad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tweeters in the door or dash pad?

Has any of you drilled a hole in either your door or dash pad and mounted your tweeters there? If so how does it sound and could you please posts pics if you have them, thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are cool in the door but when I wore shorts they kept catching the tweeter on the way out. Idk why.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Regular

I had them in the door and they weren't bad but if I ever had to do it again I'd put them on the dash by the pillar. Plus, drilling in the door is permanent so if you get tired of them there then you'd have to get new piece. Sorry, no pics either.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't have any personal experience with these, but definitely a good product from a reputable sponsor here on tech. These replace the black triangle piece behind the rear view mirror / above the door panel.

Tweeter Pods
Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
I didn't have any personal experience with these, but definitely a good product from a reputable sponsor here on tech. These replace the black triangle piece behind the rear view mirror / above the door panel.

Tweeter Pods
I was going to mention those but wasn't sure if they were still being made. I'd go with those instead of cutting into the door or dealing with the hassle of making it look nice on the dash.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my Camaro I had them mounted on the windshield pillars and in my Trans Am they are in the door. Both Alpine Type X tweeters, were much louder when on the windshield pillar. Do have technically another pair of speakers running off headunit so they aren't getting as much power as they did in the Camaro, but I prefer them up top rather than below.