Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

custom sub enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

talked to my buddy guys.....please pm me if you would be interested in getting one of these boxes... baseline pricing for a 10in sub box w/ paint color of your choice ((no radical paint jobs w/ out pre-discussion and price increase)) would be $500 + shipping..thanks for the interest and good comments on this it took a while to come up w/ a design we both liked and would work and look good
Old 02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great, but I don't see how this is any better than a stealth box setup. With the stealth box and the amp mounted behind the rear tail lights, no one can see your setup, especially with the cargo lid down.

Maybe if the box you designed had space for 2 subs and an amp, that would be worth looking into then.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Our main reasoning 4 designing this box this way was because I have a t top car and didn't want to have the t tops in the backseat if I was out of town and couldn't leave them at home like I would if I had a hatch hole box and as far as the stealthbox goes this enclosure can be made to fit whatever your amp and subwoofer size needs without getting to radical as far as big sub and big amps goes so a 10 or 12 inch and just all around puts a more custom feel into your system... also with staying in reasonin for the cubic foot needed to apply to your subwoofer
Old 02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

bump it up..
Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

bump..
Old 03-02-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i built something very similar to this...it was a wood box, carpet covered but it sat in the same position.

I had a rectangle box with the sub on the right, amp mounted on top on the left. small port in the far left of the box. the sub faced up and hit really well cuz everything hits off the rear glass.

it was 2.2 cu ft, so the sub choices were great. most stealth boxes barely have any cu ft so you can only pick between 3 - 5 subs that sound good with small amounts of cu ft.

I like it man, would buy one if i could afford it.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

to the top

Quick Reply: custom sub enclosure