Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trans am Audio install

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bizerk1
Will subthump port their boxes? for the ones on the side does any1 know, and post the dubstep one on
Im not sure if they do or not But you can write them or call them. Im pretty sure they can answer your questions.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:36 AM
On The Tree

http://youtu.be/YByh82ecq5c
Here is the Dubstep video as requested
Old 03-09-2012, 02:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i use to be big into car audio, now i just make my car really loud, i will say these cars are great for bass with the hatch, i had 1 18 in my 92 z28 conv and it did nothing but rattle everything,looks good bud
You are so very right about these type of cars being great for good system set ups. Its like the car is just a complete speaker box lol
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the ttops all the way in the seated in the pictures? I have been thinking about the subthump ttop box for my camaro, but wasnt sure about the placement of the ttops. Looks kind of not safe or that they might get scratched in that setup (nothing againts subthump that box is amazingly built and puts out great sound) Like I said I just worry about my ttops. Is there room under the box for an amp to be mounted? or Does it drop all the way down into the hole? Sorry for all the newb questions, just love my car and want to make all the right decisions the first time lol. Thanks for reading and answering.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow OP, that **** is awesome, excellent work.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by youcancallme29
Are the ttops all the way in the seated in the pictures? I have been thinking about the subthump ttop box for my camaro, but wasnt sure about the placement of the ttops. Looks kind of not safe or that they might get scratched in that setup (nothing againts subthump that box is amazingly built and puts out great sound) Like I said I just worry about my ttops. Is there room under the box for an amp to be mounted? or Does it drop all the way down into the hole? Sorry for all the newb questions, just love my car and want to make all the right decisions the first time lol. Thanks for reading and answering.
Not a noob question at all. It does look like they rub. But they dont and with the tremendous amount of power the speaker are pushing the dont vibe either. They site they in just right. The way the sit on each other the rubber and plastic protect them selfs. So if your thinking about buying one. I say yes! A wise investment for sure. They dont touch the glass nor is there any rubbing at all.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Simplɘ Jack
Wow OP, that **** is awesome, excellent work.
Thank you my friend!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

looks very nice. i would defnitely invest in some window tint and probably some wheels
Old 03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LE35thSS
looks very nice. i would defnitely invest in some window tint and probably some wheels

These are sitting in my closet right now They will be put on this weekend or next week
Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Teching In

System looks good.... and watching them videos you know them W7's really hit.... I bet your ears must hurt lol
Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blazen Fire
These are sitting in my closet right now They will be put on this weekend or next week
#winning
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Is the bass overpowering?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PGUFF
Is the bass overpowering?
I assure you, his bass is overpowering. I had that setup with two 12w7's and similar wattage. It's enough to make you puke after a couple minutes on full blast.

Great setup, If you wanna go crazy HQ I have some focal KV2 series 4" mids in custom kick panels and you'd have to mount the matching tweeters in the A-pillars or doors. They're a little over a year old and sound amazing. Spent a solid 40 hours building the kick panels. Then just run a bandpass on the door speakers say... 80-250 or so and It'd be a complete system.

Just pulled em when my car sold yesterday. Got amps for a steal too if you like MTX. Could probably slide the 100x2 someplace stealth like the cubby on the drivers side next to the subs.

Anyway, great system. Hit me up if you're interested.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RobTheTexan
I assure you, his bass is overpowering. I had that setup with two 12w7's and similar wattage. It's enough to make you puke after a couple minutes on full blast.

Great setup, If you wanna go crazy HQ I have some focal KV2 series 4" mids in custom kick panels and you'd have to mount the matching tweeters in the A-pillars or doors. They're a little over a year old and sound amazing. Spent a solid 40 hours building the kick panels. Then just run a bandpass on the door speakers say... 80-250 or so and It'd be a complete system.

Just pulled em when my car sold yesterday. Got amps for a steal too if you like MTX. Could probably slide the 100x2 someplace stealth like the cubby on the drivers side next to the subs.

Anyway, great system. Hit me up if you're interested.
Yes the bass is very much overwhelming. But I dont have it up all the way because it is very powerful.

Quick Reply: Trans am Audio install