Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HID bulbs/kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID bulbs/kits

So I was out driving the camaro the other night and noticed how dim my stock headlights/bulbs were. I decided to give the lenses a good clean and that didn't help much either since they were already in good condition. So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experiences with putting a brighter bulb or a kit? I've heard stories of bad bulbs/kits and don't want to spend what little money I have on something that will only last a couple of months. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are extremly on a budget, look for xentec brand HID kits on ebay.
They are $30 shipped in 3 days and they last!
The Bulb # you 'll need is 9006 for lo beams.

I had HIDs in stock headlight housings and they work million times better than stock and never been flashed by oncoming traffic.
Although, This is Best Solution
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ x2.....
Old 03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info, looks like I have two options. The BLS kits look really good, maybe I can make some extra room for those!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

I got the Xentec bulbs...one of the ballasts didn't work (had to order another one), and one of my high beam bulbs is a slightly different color than all the others. I spent the money to get the relays (can't be too paranoid, right?), though.
I've got them in some ebay projector housings, didn't cost too much I guess. Stock housings seem to sell pretty well in the classifieds section, so I'm sure I'll be able to get money back once I put them up there...or Whistler 'em.