Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Mtx stealth box need advice guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mtx stealth box need advice guys

I had an mdf stealth box with a memphis 10 in sub powered by a 1000 watt memphis and with 4 gauge memphis wiring . Well I want to get this mtx stealth box and I guess my question is would this box sound better or should I take a few days and make a fiberglass box . I did and found some threads about this but didn't find the answer I was looking for that pertained to my set up . Thanks in advace yall
Old 03-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which memphis sub? And with the stealth boxes theyre all about the same volume on the insides. So depending on the recommended enclosure size for your particular sub, you may benefit from a custom fiberglass box for your setup.

If your going for loudness, a subthump box or custom ttop well box would be best. Have the sub(s) angled towards the hatch glass less than 45 deg or have a down firing slot port box. Those are the setups (besides a wall) that I have seen work the best. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by strokerrace
Which memphis sub? And with the stealth boxes theyre all about the same volume on the insides. So depending on the recommended enclosure size for your particular sub, you may benefit from a custom fiberglass box for your set up
http://lsxnation.net/showthread.php?...th-box-sub-amp

the box looks like this and this is the sub

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/2856710757.html
Old 03-18-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

fiberglass or mdf makes no difference as far as sound. its the inside volume of the enclosure that depicts the "tune" of the enclosure and obviouslly downsizing is easier than up sizing because you can just stick some MDF inside the box.

subs all have reccomended enclosure specs and matching the sub and box together is what gets the best results. so changing the box and using the same sub won't really make a differece in this case because they're both stealth enclosures for the exact same spot. i'd reccomend finding a sub that matches your current enclosure's specs for the best results

Quick Reply: Mtx stealth box need advice guys