Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

removing bose system

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing bose system

so in order to replace my speakers ive read that you need to re wire everything to get them to work around the bose system. i was considering just removing the entire bose system and just starting over...... so if i do this how much of the factory wiring could i reuse? or do i have to start from scratch from the head unit?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done this on several vehicles now. Basically you would still use the factory harness w/ your typical adapter so you retain any diagnostic or onstar features, however instead of wiring the speaker wire leads that come off the head unit into the adapter you simply run your speaker wire to each speaker as they are labeled. if you are replacing a system that has more than 4 speakers you would simply run your "component system" off their respecitve leads from the head unit (Front left, Front Right, Rear left, Rear right) say if you were replacing a seperate tweeter and mid/woofer on each channel.