Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

GoPro Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GoPro Mounting

Hey guys just wondering who has a GoPro on here and if you do where is it mounted? I was considering buying one but Im waiting to find a decent deal on one. I figured I would start brainstorming a way to mount it. I conveniently have a roll bar cross bar right behind the front seats so I guess I can take he foam off and make that an option. Just wondering your guys input, and also if you made your own bracket to mount it share with some pictures. Thanks alot.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Teching In

I got one a few months ago and I'm still playing with location. The one I keep going back to is inside the car, driver side, top corner of the windshield, using the suction cup that came with it. Very easy access to it, and it gives a good view of the front end of the car and everything in front of it. Also if angled correctly I can see the majority of the gauges.
But all you have to do is put it in camera mode and take a few pictures where you're considering mounting it, and see which you like best.
IMO I didn't like any other placement of the camera inside the car, unless of course you like watching yourself while you're driving.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 AM
10 Second Club

I put one in the middle of the T-top divide. Great for audio. Also, great for night and day recording. good for racing and not too bad for sound, but you will have wind interference.

Quick Reply: GoPro Mounting