Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Headlight problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight problems

Been having problems with my headlights. I have power to the headlights but cannot get passenger side headlight motor to work. Have gotten driver side working. I have replaced both motors and replaced the headlight control module. This all started when I put a battery charger on it and as soon as I turned it on heard a pop and smoke come from behind glove box. Burnt out headlight bulbs. The actual headlights work on the pass side but motor won't work. Also when I lock and unlock the car the driver headlight goes up then back down. I'm lost on where to go next. Think it got a power surg from charger. THANKS
Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to the Firebird section and ready my sticky, " Firebird headlights"
Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6.baker
Been having problems with my headlights. I have power to the headlights but cannot get passenger side headlight motor to work. Have gotten driver side working. I have replaced both motors and replaced the headlight control module. This all started when I put a battery charger on it and as soon as I turned it on heard a pop and smoke come from behind glove box. Burnt out headlight bulbs. The actual headlights work on the pass side but motor won't work. Also when I lock and unlock the car the driver headlight goes up then back down. I'm lost on where to go next. Think it got a power surg from charger. THANKS
Check out the last post on this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ght-doors.html

You should start with the connectors for your new motors and pray they aren't a rusted pile of goo...

I ended up re-wiring the connectors with new terminals and seals. It works great, but requires special tools.

Please post back if you have the terminal sealing problem.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CORRODED PLUG
Thanks all
Old 04-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Wow. I assume your motor has a lifetime warranty? If so, can you post back if the replacement motor has better seals? You can look at the back of the connector and see if the seals extend the full distance from the wire to the connector body.

I hope Cardone has caught this problem and fixed it. Other than these faulty seals, the motors appear to be really nice.