Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new setup > old

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new setup > old

Got the stealth box with preloaded jl10w3 from DoubleDMods with a Kenwood x500.1 mini amp. Great looking box, fits perfect. Decided to tackle this yesterday and take my time. Ran all the wires and hooked up my old stuff last weekend just to have it done. Had a wires showing just a bit which pissed me off, had to fix that. Run them under the carpet under the seat (gave me an excuse to pick up a set of rachet wrenches )
I'll be looking for a new way to mount up my amp because with it setting on top of the box it doesn't quite have clearance for my panel to lay flush like it should.

Old setup. It was done half assed just to have the ground work laid.
new setup > old-old-amp.jpg
new setup > old-old-sub.jpg

How my wires looked before, absolutely pissed me off. Ya I know the carpet is horrendous. It's from the previous owner, I've been looking around for new carpet and will be doing it as soon as I get time.
new setup > old-wires.jpg
new setup > old-wire-hid.jpg

Setup from DoubleDMods
new setup > old-new-audio.jpg
new setup > old-new-setup.jpg

The sound is amazing. Dennis is a great guy to work with. Will be doing more business with him.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The stealth setup looks 100 times better. 2 things, first get you a bottle of 6 dollar carpet cleaner at autozone. It comes with a brush on the end, and will get almost all of that up. Will save you a lot of time and money vs replacing the carpet. Second, and this is just for future reference, the subs that you previously had in there needed to be facing towards the rear. This will allow the bass to "bounce" back off the hatch glass and produce a much better sound.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I sparatically switched them around, between being under the hatch to the back seat. It felt good with the bass right into the back of your seat. But I had a buddy blow out his back window with his subs there, so I tried not to do it too much.