Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Odd Electircal Problems, Rap Module?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Electircal Problems, Rap Module?

Hey guys, I re-wired my whole car (94 camaro lt1) last summer to lighten things up and simplify because i'm going to a blow thru setup. One issue I am having is that my dome light stays on all the time, just the dome light though. The door jamb switches seem to be working because when I close the doors the rear view mirror lights goes off. The dimmer switch only dims the dome light a very little bit but controls the mirror lights fine...

Another issue i'm having is the radio turning back on about 20 sec after the key is off (rap module seems to be turning it on) and the doors have been closed. It doesnt turn back on if the doors remain open. I checked the diode for the door jamb switches and the interior lights thinking that maybe it was wired wrong but that is ok. Anyone have suggestions as to what could cause this or if they are even related? I was kinda thinking about swapping out the rap module but im not sure... Whatever help is appreciated, thanks.

Quick Reply: Odd Electircal Problems, Rap Module?