Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Antenna Wire diagram

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Antenna Wire diagram

OK so this past weekend I tackled the job of getting my broken power antenna to go down (it was jambed in the up position) and I noticed the power plug for it has 3 wires, I'm assuming power, ground and remote, am I wrong?

If so what I would like to do is take advantage of that wiring as its the proper gauge to run my Epicenter (my plan is to hide it back there mounting to one of the screw points on the antenna base), I have NO plan to ever use an antenna in that location again, so what I need is a wiring diagram for the power antenna 3-wire plug for a 99 firebird NON-monsoon.

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

here ya go
Old 05-24-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

thanks thats exactly what I needed, so my idea should work since if I'm reading that right all the relays are in the antenna base/motor assembly.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

This has been discussed several times before (search is your friend). You have three wires... orange, pink, and black. Orange has constant (battery) power, pink has power whenever the head unit is powered on, black is ground. The pink wire will work differently with some models of aftermarket head units - some of them lower the antenna (shut off power to the pink wire) when using an audio source other than AM/FM radio (e.g. CD or USB).
Old 05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
This has been discussed several times before (search is your friend). You have three wires... orange, pink, and black. Orange has constant (battery) power, pink has power whenever the head unit is powered on, black is ground. The pink wire will work differently with some models of aftermarket head units - some of them lower the antenna (shut off power to the pink wire) when using an audio source other than AM/FM radio (e.g. CD or USB).
Yeah I found one post that listed the colors after I created this thread, I have a Pioneer HU with just the one remote wire, My connection behind the headunit will be remote wire out of headunit to both stock "power antenna" and my existing remote to my amp, the purpose of all of this is to get the epicenter off of the rigged "ghetto" jumper wires from the amps power, ground and remote (I don't have a distribution block) and the power antenna wires are the proper gauge for the epicenter, now I just need to get a set of RCA's long enough to reach all the way back there.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Got some nice new (and long enough) RCA cables cables coming so I can finally do this, would of had them today but some Postal worker in Atlanta put the package on a truck to Aiken, SC, then some other Postal worker loaded it onto a delivery vehicle in Aiken, SC before someone realized it wasn't supposed to leave GA.

Quick Reply: Power Antenna Wire diagram