Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double Din

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Din

I am looking to buy a Kenwood DDX516 off of a buddy. I have done a lot of research and I know you have to cut out the hole and customize the bezel for the HU. I am just not sure if this HU will fit even with modifications to the dash. Does anyone know?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk about the Kenwood, but I have a double DIN Alpine in mine.

I only spent a little bit of time on mine. I really need to go back and do it better.

I'll see if I can find some pics
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 98 Trans-am
I am looking to buy a Kenwood DDX516 off of a buddy. I have done a lot of research and I know you have to cut out the hole and customize the bezel for the HU. I am just not sure if this HU will fit even with modifications to the dash. Does anyone know?
You will need to modify the inside of the mounting cage to make room for the bezel to fit
Plus you will need to mod the bezel to make it fit our we have them available for you to order as well
http://shop.doubledmods.com/93-02-Fi...-Firebird1.htm
Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. I bought the head unit and got it all installed. Fits like a glove after slight modification. In the process of making the bezel now