Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tweeter Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweeter Install

Hi all,
I am new to the forums and this is my first post. i recently just purchased the SPS-610C component speakers from Alpine. i have already installed the door speakers via the information i have found from the website. i have just a few questions, i connencted the midwoofer to the corresponding wires from some homework i did on the forums. now i am left with a two options do i connect the tweeters directly to the tweeter wires from stock harness? or do i connect the tweeters driectly to the woofer? thanks for the replies
Old 07-06-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have a Pontiac with a Monsoon, then for these speakers I would remove the factory RC-HPF tweeter blister and use the Alpine HPF/LPF blisters. Connect the tweeter to the factory tweeter leads with the old HPF removed and the new one in line. Put the new LPF in-line with the mid. This will allow for additional power from the HU to power your tweeters. Do not put both HPF blisters in series with each other.

If you want a little more volume with not as good of a crossover effect, just hook the tweeter up to the factory leads with the factory HPF blister and don't put anything in line with mid. You definitely want some kind of HPF on the tweeter to keep it from getting hot.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Thanks, let me make sure I have this right. Connect the new tweeters to the factory tweeter leads? And remove the old HPF? Where would ye factory HPF be?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, hook the tweeter up to the tweeter leads.

The factory HPF is a little 1"x3" printed circuit board, usually enclosed in a thin layer of soft grey-black foam. It is in line with the tweeter leads, usually just a few inches back, inside the door. Two wires in, two wires out.

If you don't want to wire in the new Alpine filters, just hook up the new components and leave the old HPF alone. If you want use the the new Alpine filters, then take the old OEM HPF out first and install both Alpine filters.