Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 04-29-2016, 04:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

push button start install - plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Bedliner? Why? Why? Blows my mind....
Well grey with red trim and seat inserts just wasnt cutting it with the new yellow paint. So... Lol i had 3/4 a gallon left after doing my truck bed, seen how good the finish was, and thought, it isnt going to cost me anything except time, and ill part this interior out and probably throw away the other half of what i dont sell, so why not? Either way, black interior is what itll be. I had been eyeballing it and was really concerned with the finish. (didnt lay quite as smooth on plastic as it did on sanded down truck bed.) so i did sone touch ups in spots, then wanted to try some interior shines, its ridged so its hard to apply with a rag... But i had the idea of tire shine, and ohh boy, i have to say i will glady take credit for this idea! Im happy with it, and im a total **** OCD guy when it comes to things with my car. (finished products. I let works in progress slide a bit. Lol)
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Here is a pic of the door panel after it got some shine on it.

And here is a closer pic of the same panel. In truth, it looks better in person than in this pic. I believe the pic above does it justice. I think it may be the flash. All the same. It doesnt look terrible. And once i get it all put back and finished, and cleaned up, then most wont be able to tell that anything has been done. Youll need a second look anyway. Unless uput your face 12" in from the surface.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you planning on sanding the crap out of all your panels? It may look better in person but bedliner has always felt horrible to touch IMO. Truth be told, there are interior parts ALL over eBay and Craigslist.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by '02 WS6
Are you planning on sanding the crap out of all your panels? It may look better in person but bedliner has always felt horrible to touch IMO. Truth be told, there are interior parts ALL over eBay and Craigslist.
I just wanted to give this a try. If im not pleased with any aspect, then ill be ginding myself a complete factory black interior.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

I got the vid and a couple better pics... But cant seem to upload it to photobucket (the vid only) im trying to do this from my iPhone. Any one know of another way to get that vid up? .... just put it on YouTube. i just watched it too. and im tough tied and breathing heavy! lol! i had been hard at work scrubbing the **** out of my windows. dad gum overspray got on them some how.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LR6u3LWeck

Last edited by Numba20; 01-21-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

update. got that vid up!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At first I thought all your plastic.molding had caught fire at one point till I read more and saw you did bed liner xD its interesting!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
At first I thought all your plastic.molding had caught fire at one point till I read more and saw you did bed liner xD its interesting!
Lol! While i can see the resemblance, its not quite that bad. Stoll looks best in person. And if a coat of some type of oil base product is applied, and its deep black, and shiny, it really looks good!

Quick Reply: push button start install - plz help!