Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sub box question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sub box question

How's it going. I'm looking to do a single subwoofer enclosure. My car has the monsoon 12dsk cd changer and t-tops. Is there any other place were you could put the sub besides were the t-tops would go or were the monsoon 12dsk cd changer is located? I dont want it laying around in a box right behind the back seat. is there anything custom were they have a nice fit somewere else? I'm very curious. Thank you.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stealth box fits on the side so you can still use your t top holders
Old 08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by astro11271984
Stealth box fits on the side so you can still use your t top holders
I have many options for loaded stealth boxes as well as just the stealth box alone at 69.99 shipped and fully stocked and ready to go
http://shop.doubledmods.com/Sub-Boxes_c937.htm
Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can give up your spare tire and put a stealth box on the passenger side. Or, you can put an enclosure behind the back seat on the hump with the cargo loops. ...beyond that, you're looking at more drastic measures like a rear seat delete or less effective ones like trying to fit something of decent size under the front seats. Or get more effective sail panel mid-bass cones and be happy with never having much in the sub-60 Hz range.

I wouldn't get caught up with keeping your stock HU and CD changer. A new modern HU will sound better, look better, let you put in a tiny flash drive with more high quality music than 50 CD changers ever could.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Capricio
You can give up your spare tire and put a stealth box on the passenger side. Or, you can put an enclosure behind the back seat on the hump with the cargo loops. ...beyond that, you're looking at more drastic measures like a rear seat delete or less effective ones like trying to fit something of decent size under the front seats. Or get more effective sail panel mid-bass cones and be happy with never having much in the sub-60 Hz range.

I wouldn't get caught up with keeping your stock HU and CD changer. A new modern HU will sound better, look better, let you put in a tiny flash drive with more high quality music than 50 CD changers ever could.
+1, ditch the stock cd player and go to something that gives you an aux in or usb input, then you can pull that surely soon to crap out cd changer and have room for the stealth box, personally once I sell my current sub/custom box (from my last car), I will be doing a rear seat delete and a custom ported dual 12 setup that might just blow the doors off, LOL, but then again I've always been in the top 5 loudest radios in the county and even my WORST competition run hit 138.x (don't remember the last number), so I just like it loud (by the way my best run was on the older meters from the early SLAPshow days and my first comp. hit a 145.5 with a single 12).
Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 PM

I have seen the stealth box done on both sides I just don't remember where. I didn't look real close because I wasn't interested. There is a install here on LS1tech where someone put 8 inch subs in place of the ones in the sail panels

Quick Reply: Sub box question