Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

NON-monsoon speaker recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NON-monsoon speaker recommendations

OK, starting with the basics, I've got to looking at my 99 firebirds system again and saw that the stock sail panel 6.5" 2-ways(?) are a 10 ohm speaker and I've got a fairly decent pioneer HU with built in HPF and LPF. I see how on monsoon systems you guys run mid-bass in those locations since you have the hatch speakers and my question is what should I do not having hatch speakers, should I go midrange, or with a 2,3 or 4 way 6.5"? Also looking at components so I can redo the door speakers and get a proper tweeter located.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:54 AM
TECH Regular

you could always add yuour own amp so that you can use more powerful/better speakers
Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Personally, I never ran highs behind the driver/passenger in my bird, and don't plan to now (I'm rebuilding her currently).

I'm a large fan of using a good set of Components up front, and a set of mid-bass woofers in the sail panels; with a sub in the hatch area.

Use a 4ch amp for the Components & Woofers; and a Mono amp for the Subs.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97FormulaWS-6
Personally, I never ran highs behind the driver/passenger in my bird, and don't plan to now (I'm rebuilding her currently).

I'm a large fan of using a good set of Components up front, and a set of mid-bass woofers in the sail panels; with a sub in the hatch area.

Use a 4ch amp for the Components & Woofers; and a Mono amp for the Subs.
my sub is/will be the backseat area due to the equipment I'm running/plan to run, I prefer to keep the hatch area for t-top storage, I do plan to look at adding components to the front door, and for the foreseeable future will need to run the doors and sails from the HU, may one day put an amp to them but that day is far down the road, I plan to do Headers, high-flow cat and full catback if I get enough back in taxes in a few months then next years taxes will be wheels and tires so any amp, or rewiring for running 2 amps for that matter would be sometime after that.

Quick Reply: NON-monsoon speaker recommendations