Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

DD Mods Pass side stealth box yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DD Mods Pass side stealth box yet?

I checked their site, but I don't see their pass side stealth box yet. I'd like to get a matching set of 10" stealth boxes. I already have their driver's side box. And I got it when they first got it and there were rumors of the pass side box.

Nothing yet? Couldn't find the thread, or I would have bumped that up.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I test fitted the box for them around christmas. They have the box in their possession now. I am sure Dennis will post in here when he see's the thread.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not just get one from SubThump if you want one soon?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

We just finished our driver and passenger side C6 Corvette FIberglass boxes and I signed off on them to be made
So the passenger side sub box order for you guys will be made at same time.

Sorry I had to meet minimum orders of boxes to get them made and shipped from China at a decent price
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

^ No problem. I can make due a bit longer. Figuring spring time-ish. Not in a HUGE hurry.

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Why not just get one from SubThump if you want one soon?
Originally Posted by bayer-z28
I'd like to get a matching set of 10" stealth boxes.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in for this also, been tracking these and wanna do the pair and do it all at once. maybe stupid question, if the passenger side deal doesnt go through, can a drivers side be cut slighly/modified a little and work on pass side? that would still be half the price of other options and support he sponsor.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS
We just finished our driver and passenger side C6 Corvette FIberglass boxes and I signed off on them to be made
So the passenger side sub box order for you guys will be made at same time.

Sorry I had to meet minimum orders of boxes to get them made and shipped from China at a decent price
Any idea when we can preorder? I'm really looking forward to getting one.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JDEP162
in for this also, been tracking these and wanna do the pair and do it all at once. maybe stupid question, if the passenger side deal doesnt go through, can a drivers side be cut slighly/modified a little and work on pass side? that would still be half the price of other options and support he sponsor.
If you're willing to fk the box up, then go for it. But they're particle board glued and brad nailed together. Can't really pull that material apart without really screwing it up. The driver's side box is pretty solid. Fits nice, but when using it with an amp rack, things can get really tight with the install. I have to take the amp rack out to get the box out.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're willing to fk the box up, then go for it. But they're particle board glued and brad nailed together. Can't really pull that material apart without really screwing it up. The driver's side box is pretty solid. Fits nice, but when using it with an amp rack, things can get really tight with the install. I have to take the amp rack out to get the box out.
This isn't true. You can take most stealth boxes apart with minimal issues, and basically none that you can see once the cover is on. I ran into this recently when I replaced the front of a stealth box I bought from a member on here that was totally worthless to put screws into.

All, you have to do is cut the carpet, and in most cases the carpet is wrapped around the front panel of the enclosure, so then just take a pry bar, and start to pry the front panel away...the panel that you screw the sub onto.

Here's a picture. I was a tid bit inebriated when I cut that hole and have since cleaned it up a bit. Otherwise that's a new piece of pressed board that I bought, used the original as a template, and bam.

Bayer, I do understand why you'd want a matching set. DDmods uses a different color then others out there. I recently purchased their driver side box. Great box by the way. I figured I would try and fix my pass. side box just in case I wanted a double setup in the future. Home Depot does sell some carpet that matches the DDmods box pretty well.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

^ I'm not good with wood work at all, so anything I touch as far as that just turns to ****.

And the DD Mods box actually matched the Subthump amp rack pretty well.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I'm not good with wood work at all, so anything I touch as far as that just turns to ****.

And the DD Mods box actually matched the Subthump amp rack pretty well.
What color did you end up getting? I ordered black...and it's just that black. I was thinking it would be more of a charcoal. The only options I saw were black and grey. I figured the black would match better, since the interior is ebony.

Quick Reply: DD Mods Pass side stealth box yet?