Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio Level 2 CDT + JVC

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Kee Audio Level 2 CDT + JVC

I got the Kee Audio Level 2 upgraded CDT sub system for my Firebird. It came with 1.) CDT Audio CL-61.2 6.5" Component Speaker System (doors) 2.) CDT Audio HD-6M DVC 6.5" DVC Subwoofers (sailpanels) 3.) CDT Audio CL-4EX 4" coaxials (hatch). I was going to go with a Pioneer head unit but Ian suggested a JVC instead for the same price so I bought and installed a JVC KD-R730BT at his recommendation. I ran the new HU on the stock speakers for a while before just recently installing the door components and the sail panel subs. I decided not to replace the hatch speakers at this time. I've only driven the car once since install and while the system sounds better than stock (one of the stock sails had a blown voice coil) it wasn't really all that impressive. I'm wondering if maybe changing some of the options in the HU will help make it sound better/louder? I just installed the head unit, haven't messed with any of the other menus really at all, I'm not an audio whiz so I don't really know how to make the system sound it's best, can anyone with this HU or just more audio setup experience give me some pointers?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure all filters, both hpf and lpf, are turned off. The monsoon amp will take care of the filtering for you
Old 05-30-2013, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't see a setting for LPF, the HPF is set to off.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad hu? My stock speakers sound pretty good with my Kenwood and I would expect a full CDT set up to be amazing.

Quick Reply: Kee Audio Level 2 CDT + JVC