Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow Ambient Lighting

I have a 2010 SS Camaro and my ambient lighting doesn't work on my driver's side door or dash, is there a switch? Or do I have to get it replaced?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is none on the dash for 2010 (i think they may have added to dash a couple years later?)-- just on the two door panels with if you had that package.

so, it sounds like you only have it working on the passenger door. the only "switch" will turn off both at the same time -- it's controlled by the dash dimmer switch. if that switch is all the way up, ambient lighting should be on on both doors. if you turn it down, they should go off.

sounds like you might have a problem with the drive door.

if this is after market ABL (ambient lighting), then this is all irrelevant
Old 09-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Thank you; ya it's only the passenger door that works. I'm the 2nd owner so I'm not sure if it's aftermarket or stock. The lights look like it came from the factory though.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 347 Likes on 318 Posts

The bulb can burn out. Also common is that people forget to screw the bulb holder back into the panel when putting the door back together. If you remove the plate behind the handle and lock slider, you may find the bulb dangling loose in the door.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Cool, thank you for the help :-)
Old 01-23-2021, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
The bulb can burn out. Also common is that people forget to screw the bulb holder back into the panel when putting the door back together. If you remove the plate behind the handle and lock slider, you may find the bulb dangling loose in the door.
I have the same issue just got the vehicle a few days ago 2010 SS LS3 is this hard to fix?

Quick Reply: Ambient Lighting