Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon sound system questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:45 AM
60z
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon sound system questions

I just recently purchased an 02 Camaro with the monsoon sound system and I'm hearing the static\crackling coming from the speakers as well as the bass being extremely loud. I know very little about stereo\electronics and have been searching for a few days to determine what the causes could be but haven't found my same issue with the bass being overpowering. I have tried turning the bass **** all the way down and it still makes it hard to listen to the radio as the bass still overpowers. When I fade the sound to the back, you can't hear any music, just bass. Is there a way to turn down the amp and could this possibly be the issue? Thanks for any help.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, at a minimum, based on what you described, I would say your hatch speakers aren't functioning. ...and if they aren't, then your fronts are suspect as well, the tweeters, or the cones, or amp channels driving them. As described in the FAQ, the sail panel cones will only produce bass by design.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:08 AM
60z
Teching In

That would make sense because it doesn't sound like there is any sound coming from the rear at all. I know the previous owner changed out some speakers prior to selling so maybe the issue lies somewhere in there. Is there a diagram i should reference for the rear speakers? sorry, im a noob at speakers.

Quick Reply: Monsoon sound system questions