Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alternator Test

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight02
That's awesome -- it never crossed my mind to even consider that however it makes perfect sense. If I had it to do all over again, I would more than likely perform that adjustment.

AlternatorMan on youtube is awesome. At one point I was considering replacement of the broken voltage regulator in the first AD244 I picked up.....my wife really enjoyed sitting on the couch listening to about an hour of the videos one night! Haha!
basically it's like the parts where he talks about marking both halves of the case so you put it back the same way, well you just ignore that and put it together in the rotation that works best for your application. since the 4 screws are equally spaced you have 4 possible locations for the lug and exciter plug to sit relative to the front case.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed on my 2002 that the voltmeter reads below 13 volts frequently and reads 12 volts with the AC on. I verifed the4 gage is reading accurately with a DMM.

When I first start the car in the morning, the volts come up to 14 and stay there for 5-9 minutes and then drop to 13V. I am thinking that the alternator should keep the charging system at 13V while the car is running but, wanted to get confirmation of that from the group here before further diagnosis.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
I have noticed on my 2002 that the voltmeter reads below 13 volts frequently and reads 12 volts with the AC on. I verifed the4 gage is reading accurately with a DMM.

When I first start the car in the morning, the volts come up to 14 and stay there for 5-9 minutes and then drop to 13V. I am thinking that the alternator should keep the charging system at 13V while the car is running but, wanted to get confirmation of that from the group here before further diagnosis.

Thanks!
You have to measure inside the engine bay to see if you are OK. A voltage drop at the gauge is normal as your car accessories and air conditioning turn on.

Quick Reply: Alternator Test