Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Antenna adapter

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Antenna adapter

Hey all - I accidently kept my radio on while driving through a carwash and my power antenna mast ended up being ripped off the car. The body that is inside of the vehicle has a kink in it, so I have two questions:

1) When you buy a replacement mast, is it just the antenna mast itself or would it include the body that it's housed in? By body, I mean the tube that the antenna actually sits inside. I don't think I can get away with just the mast without that, I don't think it'll bend back properly.

2) I bought a new antenna at Autozone today on the way home from work and realized that it didn't plug directly in to the cable coming back from the radio. No biggie I figured, I went back in to get an adapter but they're all male to female - the antenna I bought and the cable in the car both have male ends. I know I can run the new cable up to the radio, but I'd really really rather spend a couple bucks and not have to dick around with that. Anybody make these adapters? Pic 1 is the new antenna, pic 2 is the cable on the car.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Antenna adapter-20140502_184144.jpg   Antenna adapter-20140502_183211.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer #2, do a search for Metra 40-UV41. That should be what you need.

If you end up running the new cable up to the radio and you have an aftermarket radio, you're all set.

If you end up running the new cable up to the radio and you still have the factory radio you are going to need a Metra 40-GM20 or equivalent.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

For #1. No. I would be shocked in the tube body behind the fender is bent. It's pretty stout. Did you take a look behind the trim? The replacement masts are a pretty easy thing to install. 5 min with 2 people.

Quick Reply: Antenna adapter